1. Information about Who we are
Gold Vape Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as "Gold Vape", "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Our contact details
Business: Gold Vape Ltd
Name: Data Privacy Manager
Address: 4 Aspen Place, Ellesmere, Shropshire, SY12 9FE
Phone Number: 0345 163 0082
Gold Vape is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, details of registration can be found here.
2. The type of personal information we collect
Version updated 03 January 2021
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, email address, title and age verification results
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about products you have purchased from us, returns, refunds and other relevant information to manage our customer relationship.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications (e.g. Viva Wallet & Royal Mail). Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
3. How is your personal information collected?
Different methods are used to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions and communications. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account on our website;
- place an order for products;
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- give us some feedback
- review our products
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
a) analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
b) search information providers such as Google or Bing based outside the EU
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Viva Wallet based outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
4. How we use your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or other electronic means. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your Personal Data
Activity / Purpose
|Data type||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|Account creation - registering you as a new customer|
(a) Performance of a contract.
|To process and deliver your order, includes (a) managing payment (b) arranging delivery (c) recovery of monies owed to us.|
(e) Marketing & Communications
(a) Performance of a contract.
(b) Legitimate interest of Gold Vape (to recover monies owed to us)
To manage our relationship with you, which will include:
(a) Changes to our Terms & Conditions;
(a) Performance of a contract.
(b) Necessary to comply with our legal obligation.
|To enable you to take part in a prize-draw, competition or survey|
(d) Marketing & Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you|
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)|
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with our legal obligation.
|To deliver relevant website/online content and advertisements to you and measure or analyse the effectiveness of the advertising|
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to understand how our customers use our products or services, to help business growth and inform our marketing and media strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences|
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to help business growth and to inform our marketing and media strategy)|
|To suggest and recommend goods or services that may be of interest to you|
(c) Marketing and Communication
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to improve the customer experience and drive business growth)|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product you have purchased or other transactions.
The 'remember me' feature is an automatic login process which creates a cookie containing a unique login ID, thereby avoiding the need to enter your login details upon subsequent visits to our site. Do not select this option if you share this computer with others since personal or member only information will be accessible by other users.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
- Internal Third Parties
- External Third Parties
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. International Transfers
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
7. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the ICO of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. Your Legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.